Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 309 Honoring My Husband With An Extension

 Hello Wives,                                                                                                         

Forging forward in my quest to love like Christ.
I cannot believe it has been almost a month since my last post.  I started this year saying it is my year of   expectations and have been simply blown away at how the Lord has been showing up in our lives and blessing us in small and large ways.  You may recall my struggle about continuing the blog, should I or should I not and the Lord showed up in several ways last month allowing me to know that not only should I but it is very much needed.  That being said, I am back. 

Today I am honoring my husband with an extension, the extension of this blog for however long I feel led by the spirit to continue it.  Last year I learned so much about myself, my husband and our marriage that I am excited about what the Lord will do this year.  I began the year with the Daniel Fast and to my surprise got sick in the middle of it.  I'm still praying about all the messages yet I know one is to take better care of myself.  I was so sick that I passed it along to Bryan. Fortunately it did not hit him as hard as it hit me, but enough to slow him down a bit.  One great lesson, when God tells you to slow down and we don't listen, he will do it for us.  I am honoring my husbad with an extension by leveraging the power of personal growth I gained last year and using it as a bridge of learning for this year as I forge forward with this journey. 

Someone shared with me once that they prefer to operate on automatic because it is easy and they did not like having to be intentional about how they showed up in their marriage.  This peaked my curiosity in terms of what are the consequences of operating on automatic Vs being intentional.  I know for me personally when I am on automatic I operate with my flesh instead of from the spirit.  Depending upon the situation, it could be very damaging because although I know Christ lives in me, I am not Christ and I may react in an un-Christ like manner.  My hope is that my lessons from last year will help me to continue to be intentional about how I show up in my marriage so I am being the wife Christ would have me to be and not the wife my flesh would  have me to be.  Join me on this journey of being intentional about honoring your husband and your marriage while we all learn how to be more like Christ.

I hope you continue to join me in this journey of honoring your husband by extending the learning journey.  Please share your stories with us and pass the word along to others; we would love to learn from all those with experience out there.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our sphere of activity among you will greatly expand..." 2nd Corin 10:15



3 comments:

Conny said...

Glad to see you are continuing! I've missed hearing what God is doing in your lives!

Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations said...

Hi Rochelle, Glad to have you back, and as always a great and timely post

Rochelle said...

Ladies, thank you both, it is good to be back. God is truly moving and I am so excited for all the things he is doing and ready to share them with you all.