Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 311 Honoring My Husband's Love

This year was a different kind of Valentine's day for me.  It was the funeral of my friend in New Jersey and I continued to be filled with emotions as the decisions were changed about the venue for Whitney's funeral.  The pastor that preached the sermon  at my friends funeral talked about how each one of us have an expiration date.  What I so enjoyed about his sermon was that although he did not personally know my friend he spoke about him as if he did.  He was intentional about trying to comfort the family with his eulogy.

As he spoke I was reminded about how little time we really do have on this place called earth.  He shared how my friend seemed to love life, which he did and he tried to enjoy each moment.  I began to think about how I think I/we need to live each and every day as if it is our last.  I heard on the news that people will spend close to a billion dollars in gifts to celebrate Valentine's Day.  My question is, what about the other 351 days of the year.  What would we do different if every day was Valentine's Day.   I made the decision in the moment that I am going to love my husband and family every day as if it is my last.  That being said, today I am honoring his love.

I am honoring his love because he loves Valentine's Day and has always tried to make it special for me yet he was very understanding of me wanting to show my respects to my friend in New Jersey.  I am honoring his love with my choice to love with my arms wide open as much as possible every day.  I was born in the same year as my friend and as Whitney Houston, so I believe it hit me in a different way because of this commonality.  I decided I do not want to wish I had done things different, loved in a different way, gave more of myself should my husband go on to glory before me.  I want us both to be able to say, we loved as hard as we could, gave all of ourselves in every encounter, focused on the positive, overlooked the small stuff, loved like Jesus, forgave like God and cherished every moment we share.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband's love.  What would it look like if you treated every day as Valentine's Day?  Would you demonstrate your love in a different way, would you be nicer or easier to get along with?  I intend to try to make every day like Valentine's Day and love with my arms wide open.  Please join me if you can and please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"...and the greatest of these is love" 1st Cor.

3 comments:

Peaches and Roses Homemaker said...

Beautiful movement! Blessings to you! And thank you for doing this blog. We need more blogs like these!

A Child of God said...

Well... I am having a problem in my marriage. I'm afraid it has come to an end. Pray for me. Thanks

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com