Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 12 - Honoring My Husband Through Faith

To God be the Glory! Yesterday I received some very disappointing news and it was very challenging to sit with it being away from Bryan.  Many of you know we have been in anticipation of adopting a child and we received news on yesterday that the most recent possibility was not going to happen.  My first reaction was great sadness and disappointment, however in the midst of the sadness I had to continue to hold on to God's promise.  Friends and family often tell me that they are astonished at my level of faith and Bryan tells me he relies on my faith and it has helped him increase his reliance upon the Lord.

Although I was greatly saddened on yesterday, I also knew I had to stay focused on my  faith.  Praising God when things are great is an easy thing to do, but giving him the praise when you are hurting opens up the gates of heaven.  My Pastor has often said you cannot have a true testimony if you do not have faith in the midst of the struggle or while you wait on God.

Today, I was finally able to get to one of the historic museums here in Amsterdam and it amazed me how God showed up on the walls of the museum to speak to me about our situation.  As I walked through the Rembrant exhibit I saw a painting that was a depiction of Rebecca and Isaac and in another exhibit was Abraham and Sarah.   The Lord used each of these paintings to speak into my spirit about waiting on him.  What was so awesome is the night prior after hearing the disappointing news; I spoke about both these stories in the bible as I stood in a place of faith about adoption. 

Today, I honor my husband through faith; faith that while we continue to wait on the Lord I will continue to praise God no matter what the situation.  I know that by honoring my husband through faith I am also honoring God's word.  Wives of the world, how do you honor your husband when it comes to a disappointing situation?  Do you stand in a place of faith and belief in him and the Lord or do you lose sight of what the Lord has promised?  Please share how you do or can honor your husband through faith in the Lord.

Rochelle

"...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matt. 17:20

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
I am a little behind in reading your comments, Rochelle....but I read them! (smile). Day 12 - Honoring My Husband Through Faith - struck a cord with me that I'd like to share. Interestingly, I tend to be the more "faithful" spouse in my relationship with my husband. However, when I was faced with a grave disappointment...I caved. I truly have to Honor My Husband for standing in the gap THROUGH FAITH for me during that trying time. He set such a great example for me that I now more than ever, try to be there for him through faith...our faith.

Rochelle said...

It is so awesome to know we can be there for our spouses and they can be there for us as well. Like you, I am typically the one with more faith, but then there are those times when I need the wisdom and faith of Bryan to see me through. I love that God gives us what we need in each other. Rochelle