Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 3 - Honoring My Husband Through Support

So it is day three of my blog and yet again I am quite amazed at the challenge before me.  Today was quite the day in Amsterdam.  It was filled with a lot of activity, insight and learning's and Bryan and I had very little time to communicate.  However, as God would have it, he presented another opportunity for me to honor my husband from afar.  At the end of the day as I picked up my phone to prepare to call him, literally as I walked out my hotel door my phone rang.  I was so happy to hear his voice on the other end, I stated, oh my goodness; I just picked up the phone to call you. It was so nice to know we were on the same wavelengths across the miles.

As we proceeded to talk, after the smooches and I love you's, he let me know he was in need of some immediate attention to something for his work.  He has been trying to get an issue settled with a client that has been quite difficult.  Although I am many miles away, I was quite honored to be in a position to help him get the issue resolved.  To give you a true perspective, ladies' you know how we like to share our day when we've experienced something exciting.  I was very excited to hear his voice and wanted to share all about my day, however he was not in a position to hear me because he had a pressing need. I allowed myself to take in the information I needed to help get the situation resolved.

I later thought, I could have easily asked him to wait until I had shared all of my excitement or have gotten upset because he wanted to talk work.  This may have led to frustration on his part, hence having both of us upset, which leads to divisiveness and separation of the heart..  My goal is togetherness, which binds the heart.  So what quickly came to mind for me was God's word about I am to follow my husband's lead, in this case, in conversation.  Once I got all the information, we were in a place to have the intimate conversation about us.  When we ended the conversation, I not only felt heard, but I felt even more loved,  I knew he was truly listening to me and trying to share my experience from afar.  As he had cleared his emotional energy about work which led to a more intimate us.

In what ways have you supported your husband lately?  Ask him in what ways can you better support him and allow yourself to follow his lead and not yours.  As it is stated in Ezra, let your husband know.

                  "We will support you, so take courage and do it.” Ezra 10:4

Rochelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister Rochelle,
This is awesome! While I am not married I am being blessed by what God is doing in your life! I want to honor the man of God when he finds me! By viewing your website I will be prepared to honor my man when the Lord sends him my way! I pray the Lord keeps a hedge of protection around you while you are out of the country! May he protect you from dangers seen and unseen and give you traveling mercies!

Love you,
Edna

Rochelle said...

Edna, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I would offer you the same encouragement. As you prepare your heart, soul and spirit for your husband, know that the Lord is also preparing him. I hope you continue to join us as the Lord prepares you and your king to be one. Blessings,

Rochelle