Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hallelujah! "One Year of Love"

WOW! I cannot believe the day has come where the vision the Lord gave me in late 2010 is now a reality.  The plan, or I should say my plan, was to start this blog on January 1, 2011.  However, I got sick and was not able to establish it before the weight of life took over and we were 30 days into the year.  But, to God be the Glory! His time is now.  My husband and I met in February of 1993, the month of love and as the Lord would have it, I am beginning this blog almost 18 years to the date of our beginning. 

I am establishing this blog simply because I love my husband.  Initially I thought I would honor him every day and not share it with family, friends, you and the rest of the world.  But God had a different plan.  Through a strong but soft whisper, the Lord let me know he did not give this to me to keep to myself.  There are many, many marriages, good and bad that can use the Law of Lift (see bottom of blog to learn more).  My prayer is that this movement will be that lift for your marriage; for I know it will be for mine, it already has. 

Each day I will share my testimony about what I am doing or have done to honor my husband.  I invite you to join me in what will be "One Year of Love."  This is not to say my marriage or yours is not already filled with love, because it is.  This is to say, as women, we often wait for our husband's to take the initiative, or we want him to change.  My challenge to myself and to you is that this will be a year of change, starting with self.  As the concept goes, as we change, the world around us also changes.  I know this will be quite the challenge.  Especially, when life does what it does best, when one commits to doing things God’s way.  Yet, I am committed to the cause, covered by the blood and prayed up for the adventure.

I recently adopted my own personal twelve commandants, and number 6 is "Be the change you want to see."  That is my quest for this year.  To be the change I want to see when it comes to romance, loving, giving, sharing, being, praying and so on and so on.  My ultimate hope is that this movement will reach, change and impact the lives of millions of wives and marriages across the world.  Please pass it along to every married, engaged person you know.  The international divorce rate is staggering.  If this movement changes one marriage for the better then I know my work was not in vain.

This movement will be especially challenging over the next 14 days, as I have traveled across the world to the Netherlands, while my husband is at home.  My first quest, how to have him experience me honoring him from over 3,500 miles away.  Join me on tomorrow when I share more on accomplishing this great challenge from afar.  In the meantime, be blessed, give love and always remember, if you love, honor and respect your husband in a way that matters to him, he will learn to love, honor and respect you in a way that matters to you. It is the law of reciprocity.  “Be the change you want to see.”  Be blessed and let the change begin.

Rochelle

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Rochelle: I love your blog. I cherish the inspiration you provide me for my marriage. I am also encouraged by the Law of Lift, for without God's lift I would not be in the position to celebrate my marriage today. I too will Honor my Husband. Thank you my Sister, Carmen

Rochelle said...

Carmen, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I am so glad you are encouraged by this journey.

ronmar said...

Scott thinks that I have to wait on him hand and foot. is that correct.

Rochelle said...

Ronmar, only if he waits on you hand and foot as well. Sounds like time for a renegotiation or a conversation about balance.

Rochelle said...

Ronmar, I have been thinking about your question for quite some time. Now that I have pondered upon it, I beleive the key to any marriage is that each takes care of the other. So if Scott thinks you should wait on him, the question is what would you like in return that would make you happy. Bryan also likes to be served, which I do not mind, but when I need him to reciprocate he always does, so find what's important to you and ask for what you want and not what you think you can get. Rochelle

Chantelle said...

Hi Rochelle, thank you for your blog, last night I lay in bed and I was so down and I said to God, I cant do it alone, I cant fix my marriage alone and it feels like its breaking down the more I try, so what I did was I prayed and today at work I googled "how to honour your husband" and was steered to your blog. Thank you and I am going to comment everyday as I go alone.

Rochelle said...

Hi Chantelle, thank you so much for sharing your story, I am thrilled that you have found support from my blog. I truly hope it will continue to provide you with insight, support and encouragement as you walk with God along this journey.
Please be sure to Join the Movement!

Blessings,

Rochelle

Anonymous said...

I found this blog just by mere chance, I am from Chile and I also share the happiness of knowing the love of our God. I give you this song in honor to your love:

Guess what its name :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oGbar6wLUc&feature=related

Ignacio.

Rochelle said...

Ignacio, Thank you so much for sharing the song. I hope you enjoy the site and feel compelled to join and honor your husband for a year. Blessings,

Rochelle

Rochelle said...

Ignacio, the link you sent me is actually the theme song for my blog. Thank you for the video. Blessings,

Rochelle