Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 13 - Honoring My Husband Through Excitement

Praise the Lord, the time has come for me to return home.  My trip has been eventful, rewarding, exhausting, insightful and I have been blessed by the Lord.  I had the opportunity today to visit Brussels and what a tremendous blessing it was.  It is amazing how the Lord guides you to where he wants you to be.  As I shared about my sadness and faith on yesterday, little did I know the Lord would continue to speak to me about the situation and my faith today. 

On my way to Brussels, I was excited but wished Bryan was with me.  I was missing his presence and as I  read an article in Essence there was a line that struck me to remind me of my covering.  It was "we are never alone when we walk with God."  As I walked through Brussels, I was overcome by the breathtaking beauty of the city.  I came across a woman who shared with me several stories about Brussels, but was left in astonishment when she shared it was the city of fertility.  It was so awesome to me because I know I was led their by the Lord.  I almost did not make the trip and when I got there I had no information and simply asked the Lord to lead me.  He led me to the wall inlet sculpture of fertility.  Of course I was overcome with excitement again.

So today, I honor my husband with excitement.  Excitement because I cannot wait to get home, excitement because I cannot wait to share with him all the details of my trip that we have not yet talked about, excitement to share how the Lord so blessed  me in the museum and in Brussels, excitement because I know the Lord is working things out and excitement because I get to be in my favorite place in the world, which is in Bryan's arms. 

Wives of the world in what ways are you excited to honor your husband?

Rochelle

"Faith is an excitement and an enthusiasm, a state of intellectual magnificence which we must not squander on our way through life."  George Sand

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rochelle: I have been blessed by the time we spent in Amsterdam together. I too am excited about going home; I cannot wait to see my husband and family. I get excited when I see him coming from a distance, I recognize him immediately. I love it when he hugs me and I feel his breath on my face. I bless everything about our love. Thank you for blessing me and our marriage with your blog. Your friend Carmen

Rochelle said...

Carmen, Thank you so much. The time we shared in Amsterdam together has been invaluable to me. You were there for me to share in the development of my blog, in helping me deal with the sadness about the adoption and the joy and elation of our work and the excitement about going home. I am so happy this blog has been a blessing to you because you have been an incredible blessing to me. The Lord truly used you to help lift me and keep me grounded and focused on his word and his promises.

I know it was a devine intervention that had us room together. I love you much my sister and wish you and your husband all the love and blessings the Lord has in store for your family. Rochelle