Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 9 - Honoring My Husband In the Midst of Exhaustion

I wish I could say my trip to Amsterdam was all for fun, but unfortunately it is not.  So far it has been nine 14 to 18 hour days and I am truly exhausted. Partly do to my work here and also because of my desire to stay connected to my husband during my travels by talking at the end of our long days.  However, in the midst of my exhaustion, I am determined to ensure I follow through on meeting my commitment to God, myself and my husband by honoring him everyday and sharing my story with all of you.

So if it seems to you that my stories have gotten shorter as each day has passed, it is because they have.  Not because I do not have much to say, but because I am stretched to the limit of my physical, mental and emotional capacity.  I only have room to share my love by honoring my husband in the midst of my exhaustion even though it is almost 2:00 AM in Amsterdam and I have to be up in about 5 hours. This is by no means a complaint, it is a statement of fact and an acknowledge of the importance of this assignment from God.  It is my honor, pleasure and the one thing that brings me joy each day.  I truly look forward to identifying how the Lord is using me to widen the gates of our love through this journey. 

Wives of the world, how do you handle your husband in the midst of your exhaustion?  Do you honor him or do you ignore him?  When you honor your husband, you are also honoring your marriage and by honoring your marriage, you are honoring God.  Please share your story. 

Blessings,

Rochelle

"At the moment when you feel like you have reached the point of absolute exhaustion,
inspire yourself to take one last step, and that is when you have successfully
 arrived to the next level.”
Author unknown

To post a comment please click below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Rochelle: My husband is my consiglieri, he is a phenomenal businessman and marketer. So I seek his counsel frequently. I hold off on certain decisions until I have had time to discuss it with him. And when his schedule makes it difficult for us to talk ..I make a list and then when he is available, I grab him to talk. I am so thankful for his time, and wisdom, and for his presence in my love. God bless you , My Darlling
Carmen robles-inman