Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 6 - Honoring My Husband Just Because

Today has abeen quite a challenge for me.  I have been working all day and because of our distance and schedules Bryan and I have not yet talked today and I am truly missing hearing his voice.  As part of my journey to honor him, I began perusing the web to see what else was out there about marriage, love, relationships etc.  I was surprised, excited and even moved by some of the positive things wives and husbands are doing to demonstrate their love to their mate.  I was also just as disappointed, saddened and had a great sense of curiosity about those sites that acknowledged a great sense of disdain for their marriage.  One site is actually called "I hate my husband."  I thought how unfortunate this person or these people are.  As the Lord says,  ...and the greatest of these is love, I can only imagine how hard it must be to be in a place of such unhappiness.  In the midst of all the challenges we have faced in our marriage, I am so happy to know that love has always been there.

Today I honor my husband just because.  Just because he is worthy of my love, honor and respect. Just because I am missing him dearly.  Just because he sent me several messages about how much he misses me and just because we still love each other.   My prayer is that those who have a great disdain for their mate,  they can somehow find their way back to the love that brought them together. 

Wives of the world, what are your just because reasons for honoring your husband?

Rochelle

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. Corin. 13:13
To post your comment, click on comments below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Rochelle!
Loved your 'just because' reason for Bryan. I can also honor my husband today 'just because' he is a good Christian man! Somebody once told me that if you know a person is a BELIEVER, you don't have to do a lot of guesswork about the person. I absolutely agree with that statement. Since I know my husband (of 7 years) is a BELIEVER, I feel comfortable and confident that some wild stuff won't jump off. I know that he will feel inclined to handle our situations (good and bad)) in a Christ-like manner. And because of that...I honor him.

Rochelle said...

Thank you Deana, you are so correct. It is absolutely awesome to have an expectancy and a knowing that somethings you do not have to worry about being unexpected. Blessings, Rochelle