Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 14 - Honoring My Husband Through Intimacy

Praise God for blessing me with traveling mercies to return home without the drama of major traffic delays at the airport.  Traveling is wonderful but there is nothing like home.  As you can imagine I was very excited to see my husband and feel his smile as he walked towards me in the airport.  I am thankful to the Lord for guiding me through this journey while I was abroad and look forward to continuing it in person.  Bryan and I have been apart for 14 days so today I honor him through intimacy. 

In my excitement I proceeded to share all the wonder and beauty of my trip because I wanted him to experience it vicariously through my words.  I wanted him to "in to me see" how much I missed him over that time.  I wanted him to see and feel the joy that I've been storing up since staring this blog at the onset of my trip.  I wanted to "in to him see" the peace and joy for my returning home safely.  Today I honor my husband through emotional, mental and physical intimacy to celebrate our reunion.

Wives of the world, how do you honor your husband through emotional, mental and physical intimacy after a short or long time apart?  In what ways do you allow your husband to "in to you see" to celebrate your reunion after a long day's work or several days apart?  Please share your story with us.

Rochelle

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." Author unknown
To tell us your story click on comments below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! (This is Deana, looped into my husband's Google Account!)
Since our marriage 7 years ago, Clarence and I really haven't been apart any time worth mentioning. However, I'm reminded of several times when he comes home from work and my 5-year old daughter and I are simply sitting on the couch which faces the door. Just sitting and waiting for him to come through the door....with smiles on our faces. The first time we did that, it kinda freaked him out! But he admitted he liked that. It showed him that we missed him and we were looking forward to his return home from work.

Rochelle said...

Thanks for sharing Deana, I am reminded of how great I feel when Bryan shows me how much he missed me even after a long days work with a simple smile. I recently read a book with my book club and one of the questions we discussed was, What makes your heart smile? My answers were God,Bryan, my nieces and nephews and doing God's work. There is nothing like a happy heart. Rochelle