Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 102 Honoring My Husband With Playtime

Bryan and I love to travel.  Whether it is a trip to New York, DC, across the country or the world, we like to go.  Our work, life in general and the economy has slowed us down quite a bit in this area.  We used to take at least four major vacations a year and now we take about two and other shorter vacations.  Bryan had been talking about wanting to get away this coming holiday weekend as I mentioned in a previous post.  He wanted to go north and I wanted to go south.  We had the Poconos on the table, Myrtle Beach and a few other options.

When he asked me what I would like to do I stated, well actually I would like to take care of the outside yard.  I thought he was going to have a stroke.  He was adamantly against spending any time cleaning the yard this weekend; mainly because he spent so much time doing this at his properties this week.  His response was so interesting to me because I am the kind of person that will speak of something from a more theoretical perspective and he speaks and listens from a literal perspective.  So although I stated I wanted to clean the yard, I did not mean it actually had to be this weekend.  I have to remember our differences at times like this.

At the end of the day we will be heading south for the weekend.  We decided Virginia could offer us the best of both worlds, a beach, amusement park, shopping and other activities.  So today I honored my husband by planning our playtime for this weekend.   We both are so ready to just be and remove work out of our  minds for a few days.  I am looking forward to both of us rejuvenating and just enjoying each other's  company. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband with playtime?  How do you help ensure his and your focus is not all work, work, work but you add a little play, play, play to liven things up?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Play keeps us vital and alive. It gives us an enthusiasm for life that is irreplaceable. Without it, life just doesn't taste good." Lucia Capocchione

3 comments:

ronmar said...

We love gong away but this weekend I decided to honor my Scott with letting him go to N.C for the weekend with his buddies on a fishing trip, I was against it at first then I had to compel my self of him going I have taken several vacations without him and had a wonderful time in a way I get a little mini vacation as well. My daughter is with my sister and I have enjoyed reading and doing what I wanted to do.
Enjoy you Trip be Blessed

Rochelle said...

Wow! The chance to honor your husband with playtime and get some me time in as well. Now that's smart. Have a great weekend doing what you want to do.
Rochelle

Michelle said...

Yeah that was smart to let him have his "me time" while you get yours. Enjoy your trip to Virginia Rochelle! I'm sure you'll have something great to post to your blog when you get back.