Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 96 Honoring My Husband With Like Mindedness

Today Bryan and I had a pretty cool moment where we were on the exact same page.  I was on my way to a meeting and was thinking about how I wanted to spend the summer.  Over the past few years we have not done a lot of the things we love to do either because of his work and/or my traveling. I was thinking I wanted this year to be different and I wanted us to be intentional about enjoying this summer. 

To my surprise, Bryan called me while I was in the midst of thinking about what that might look like and he stated "Let's plan to go somewhere for Memorial Day!"  I could hear the excitement in his voice.  I could not believe that the Lord so worked it that we were on the exact same page at the exact moment about vacationing and enjoying our summer.  So today I am honoring my husband by following up on our like mindedness.  My first thought after we talked was how cool is it that neither of us have to try and convince the other why we should be intentional about spending more recreational time together this summer.  Stay tuned to hear all about our adventures, the first one I think will be to the Poconos for Memorial Day.

Wives of the world how do you honor your husband when you both are on the same page?  How do you ensure the acknowledgement of such a beautiful moment when the Lord has the two of you on one accord?  I felt it was a moment of oneness and felt blessed the Lord showed up in such a way.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor." 1st Corin. 3:8 

 

No comments: