Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 93 Honoring My Husband With Grace

So this must be the month for testing my commitment to this awesome process of honoring my husband for a year.  Yesterday was yet another day of challenges with long hours and more work than time.  I was so exhausted I barely made it home and when I got home the only thing I wanted to do was hit the bed so I did.  I did not realize until this morning that I had not completed my post and I was shocked and disappointed at myself for not remembering that I had not finished what I started.  However it is amazing how the Lord works.  Yesterday was my day to honor my husband with grace.

The Lord placed grace upon my heart when I noticed he had not left things the way I would have liked in one of our bedrooms.  I remember saying okay Lord with my mouth but not totally being there in my heart.  Well today when I realized I had fallen short on my commitment, the Lord gave me a good dose of how he gives us grace every single day.  So yesterday I honored my husband with grace while today the Lord supplied me with grace.  The Lord also reminded me of my 12 Commandments, one of which is to allow space and offer grace.  Sometimes we simply do forget.  Although I was still disappointed in myself I was also appreciative of the great lesson and reminder to allow space and offer grace. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you offer grace to your husband's?  Do you find yourself offering space and grace when your husband just simply forgets?  Remember God offers us grace every day.  How can you offer grace to your husband today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"You are the most excellent of (wo) men and your lips have been anointed with grace, since God has blessed you forever." Psalm 45:2

No comments: