Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day91 Honoring My Husband With Consistency

I had a crazy busy day today and the rest of my week does not offer much relief until Friday which I intentionally left open for my birthday.  I knew there would come a time when it would be more challenging than not to keep my commitment to the Lord in honoring my husband everyday and sharing my story about it.  Well I guess the 90's are that time.  It seems all kinds of mishaps have been trying to deter me from sharing my story about honoring my husband each day. 

The good news is no matter how challenging technology becomes or how tired I may feel I do believe there comes a time where you cross over from trying to just doing and being automatic about it.  I truly believe that although each day I get a new nugget, honoring my husband has become a part of my existence and I no longer have to think as hard about it. I am so grateful to the Lord for such a great experience.  I had no idea I had so many things to change to be the example I want to see.

Today I am honoring my husband with consistency.  In the midst of all the mishaps, when I could not share my story, in the presence of 100's of things to do I insist upon being consistent with my commitment.  Today I am honoring him with consistency in what I do, how I show up and the continued focus of allowing the Lord to work in, on and through me to be a better me each and every day no matter the challenge before me.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's by being consistent?  One of the best gifts we can offer is the gift of expectancy.  My husband has said on many occasions that he is so pleased I am not a drama queen.  He knows what to expect and need not worry about if I will be different tomorrow than I am today.  No one likes to worry about what they will get when they walk in the door each day.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

“With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do."

No comments: