Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 76 Honoring My Husband With Humbleness

Some of my friends find it interesting, funny and a little old fashion that I serve my husband.  Serve him meaning if he wants a sandwich I will fix it and bring it to him or fix his dinner and bring it to the table before him.  This is something I have done since we have been together and I know my husband finds much joy in it.  Early in our marriage he used to brag about it in a loving way to his friends.  I know it is something that boosts his spirits and helps him to feel king of our castle and I feel good about being able to do it.

Today I heard a very touching story about a mother teaching her child about being humble.  The lesson she wanted him to learn was "Humble before Honor" and I thought Wow! I wonder if this may be the barrier to what the Lord calls submission or even honoring Jesus.  In order to honor the Lord we have to first have a humble heart and as the Lord says, when we honor him we are honoring our husbands.  So this would mean we need to be humble before our husbands in order to honor them.  What an awesome discovery.

Fortunately, I believe humbleness is what has given me the ability to serve my husband in the capacity that I do.  I do not do it because I see myself lower than him or giving up something, but I do it because I see myself as his equal yet his wife.  The Lord says in the book of Mark 10-:45, For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many. 

Today I am honoring my husband with humbleness because I want to ensure that I continue to have a  servant heart so that I can continue to honor him long past the ending of my 365 days.  If you find that it is hard for you to serve your husband, then I would encourage you to check your heart to see what's holding you back.  Do you think it is beneath you?  One thing I know for sure, when I treat my husband like he is a King, he treats me like a Queen.  So in essence it is reciprocal and something that raises the love bar in one's relationship.  Those of you that join me in this practice, I say keep it up. Even if your husband has never said he appreciates it, he does and will.  It is one of those things that give them a lift and reason to poke their chest out.  Those of you that find this challenging, I would encourage you to think about my reasons for starting this blog.  It was to be the change we want to see by starting with ourselves. 

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband's with humbleness?  How do you demonstrate God's word of serving instead of wanting to be served? Let us know if you decide to take on the five day challenge and how it goes, we would love to hear your stories.  One of the greatest experiences I had was when I began to serve in the Lord's kingdom.  He is the greatest boss I know, the rewards are well beyond any incentive plan I have ever had in the work environment.  I say that to say I get almost the same enjoyment out of seeing my husband smile when I serve him.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"I served the Lord with great humility.." Acts 20:19

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chron. 7:14

2 comments:

ronmar said...

I know what you mean about funny I too have a lot of humbleness when it comes to my husband I sometimes say a lot of thing like I am not your maid or whats wrong with your hands but over all I do things for him out of my love and respect for him not just because of who is is but but because of who I am.

Ronmar

Rochelle said...

There have been many times I have questioned whether or not I was doing something that he could do for himself but I never questioned the aspect of serving him. My prayer is that he remains in a place of thanks and gratefulness and not take it for granted.