Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 104 Honoring My Husband With Covering

Today Bryan and I embarked on our mini vacation.  It was a beautiful ride through the countryside of Virginia.  Bryan knows the area pretty well so we took the back roads, which was just beautiful.  Bryan reminded me that he had gotten a ticket in Virginia last year and although he paid the ticket they added additional fees that he did not pay which meant he probably should not be drivng in Virginia.  We wanted to make sure our weekend was not hijacked by an over zealous officer trying to make a name for himself.  So this meant I had to drive once we crossed the state line; which of course I was not crazy about, but I also did not want my weekend ruined. 

All that being said, I honored my husband today with a covering by having his back while we are enjoyed Virginia.  Typically when we go away Bryan does all the driving and I am able to read, crochet, sleep or just enjoy his company and conversation.  I truly believe this role reversal was God's plan. Bryan was the one really wanting to take a vacation and we had considered going to another state.  I realized today that had that happened he would have done all the driving and not have gotten the opportunity to relax as he did today.  It was my pleasure and honor to afford him the opportunity to truly relax, read, sleep and simply enjoy my company while I honored him with a covering. 

I learn more and more each day that absolutely nothing is a coincidence.  When the Lord says you need something and you speak it, he surely will make a way for it to be realized which is exactly what he did for Bryan this weekend.  He also taught me a very valuable lesson to ensure we both have the opportunity to fully relax on vacation so in the future I will do a much better job of sharing this load.

Wives of the world in what way do you or can you honor your husband with a covering?  Does your husband always drive you around while on vacation or at home?  Is this a task that is shared or is it more his responsibility?  Are there other tasks that you can share with him to cover his back?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Be someone's angel today by providing covering in an area of need."

No comments: