Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 78 Honoring My Husband With Representation

When Bryan and I first got married, I was out shopping one day and a woman gave me a compliment. She told me she thought I looked very nice and well put together.  She noticed I was wearing a ring and said something like "I know your husband is very happy or proud to have you."  I responded well I hope he is but why do you think so.  She said a wife is an extension of her husband and every time she walks out her door she is representing him.  I found her wisdom quite intriguing but do not believe I took it too seriously at the time. 

Today when I reflect back on that brief interaction I do believe I took to heart her comments more than I cared to admit to myself.  However I would like to think my representation of my husband is more importantly linked to the woman I am on the inside than the outside.  Anyone can make themselves look good, but just because you look good does not mean your heart is in the right place.

Today I am honoring my husband with representation as it relates to matters of the heart according to the Lord.  I am honoring him with representation because I truly hope each time I am in the presence of others they see the love of Jesus exuding from my heart through their experience of me and uses that to inquire about my husband being proud.  I belong to a book club and we just completed the book No Greater Love by Mother Teresa.  It was filled with awesome biblical insights and there was this wonderful prayer that her Missionaries of Charities organization read on a daily basis.  I share this prayer with you, as it is now one of my favorites as well.

Dear Lord:

Help me to spread your fragrance wherever I go.
Flood my soul with your spirit and life.
Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my
life may only be a radiance of yours.
Shine through me, and be so in me that every soul
I come into contact with may feel your presence in my soul.
Let them look up and see me no longer me, but only you, O Lord!
Stay with me, then I shall begin to shine as you do;
so to shine as to be a light to others.
The light, O Lord, will be all from you; none of it will be mine;
it will be shining on others through me.
Let me thus praise you in the way you love best, by shining on those around me.
Let me preach you without preaching, not by words but by my example,
by the catching force, the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness
of the love my heart bears to you.

Amen
by John Henry Newman

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor  your husband's with representation?  When others are in your presence do they admire or are saddened for your husband because of their experience with you?  How can you honor your husbands today with representation?   Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Listen now to me and I will give you some advice, and may God be with you. You must be the people’s representative before God and bring their disputes to him." Exodus 18:19

No comments: