Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 87 Honored My Husband With Personal Care

Hello everyone, we are back in business. This has been an interesting past 48 hours, not being able to access my blog to make a posting.  Something that I  never thought would be an issue.  Fortunately, I continued to capture my posts in word so I could transfer them whenever the system was reactivated, so here is Day 87.

On day 87 I honored my husband with personal care.  I was granted a fellowship award for school and will be receiving it on tomorrow at an awards dinner.  Bryan wanted to make sure he looked his personal best for this dinner and I usually take care of his dreads.  It had been a long day for me and him yesterday but his hair needed to be done so I honored him on yesterday by providing personal care of his hair. 

I remember once having a conversation with someone about taking care of my husband's dreads and she stated, "I would never take on that responsibility."  My thoughts are touch is one of the most important aspects of intimacy.  Being afforded the opportunity to wash and freshen up my husband dreads is another way of demonstrating my love for him.  If you have ever heard of the book The Five Love Languages, one of them is action.  Bryan receives love through action and my doing his hair is a way he receives and experiences love from me so why would I give up that opportunity to express it.  I would encourage you all if you have not ever read the book, The Five Love Languages, it is a great read and provides awesome insight into how you and  your mate experience love at different levels. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you express personal care for your husband's?  It is one of the great ways we can demonstrate love in action with our mates.  My sister shared with me she used to give her husband a manicure which he loved, another friend shared she used to give her husband a pedicure because he would never go and get one and another shared she shapes her husband's beard.  All of these are awesome displays of  honoring our husband with personal care.  Please share your stories with us on how you honor your husband with personal care; we would love to hear your stories.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Intimacy through touch goes beyond the four walls of the bedroom with one's mate."

No comments: