Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 103 Honoring My Husband With A Compliment

Bryan and I recently purchased some property to build our retirement nest egg.  He typically does all the renovations himself but I shared on day 73 that he finally requested to have someone else do the work so he could have some free time and enjoy the summer.  I was glad to ensure we were able to do just that which has afforded us the opportunity to go away this weekend.  Normally he would be spending half the time working and the other trying to play catch up.

He completed the first property and the second one we gave to a contractor.  Today I had a great revelation about just how skilled and talented my husband really is.  I visited both properties today to meet one of the tenants and to check on the final product.  I have to say I was quite impressed.  When I compared the property Bryan completed it was heads above the property the contractor completed.  I was so proud of him and realized I really need to compliment him on his great work.  He had been telling me the one property was a step above the other but I did not expect to see such a stark difference.  So that being said, today I am honoring my husband with a great and well deserved compliment.  I do not know why I was so surprised; he has renovated many properties that looked very nice. 

Now here is the dilemma, I love the idea that he has benefited with free time to enjoy the one hobby he loves and I am glad both properties are just about complete; however I am not sure if I will want someone else to take care of a future project.  He does such good work.  Well for now, I will enjoy giving him the compliment and his free time.  I guess I will have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Wives of the world how do you or can you honor your husband with a compliment?  Is there something that he does very well that you may take for granted?  Are you surprised at his ability in some areas?  If so, tell him how great he is and don't worry about him getting a big head.  If a compliment is well deserved it should be given.  When we lift our husband's spirits with a compliment we also lift up our marriage.  Statistics state they will carry that feeling of greatness for at least seven days.  Imagine the lift in your marriage.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"I can live for two months on a good compliment." Mark Twain

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

2 comments:

ronmar said...

Hello, I understand were your coming from sometimes we forget, that our spouse is handy I know my Scott is very talented and I don't tell him often enough. I have seen work done by several other men even contractors and well I think they just say it a job were as our husband see pride in completing a project and then they can compare on how to make the same changes better the next time , I must say I am glad he can do as much as he does in the long run he saves us a lot of moolah (LOL).So don't have a dilemma about it just feel it with what your saw and well you know compare it with the difference of quality and time and you will have your answer.

Be Blessed
Ronmar

Michelle said...

I think it's great that your husbands have the talents they have because doing that type of work isn't easy. The best part is that they can decide whether they want to tackle the job themselves or pay someone else to do it. That's a good choice to have especially if they are trying to save
money in the current economy.