Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 92 Honoring My Husband With A Smile

There is a new gospel song called Smile and I love the lyrics to it.  It talks about all the benefits of smiling.  How it is much easier to smile than to frown.  It speaks of the joy a smile brings to another and the joy it instills inside of us when we smile.  The lyrics say to "Just Smile." 

Today I honored my husband by smiling.  It had been a long and busy day and I still had work to do but I took a moment to spend some time with him and approached him with a smile to let him know I missed him throughout the day.  Many people often call me smiley or ask why do I smile so often.  I usually respond it is the joy in me.  Yet sometimes when we are busy and overwhelmed with what's before our smile may be more internal than external.  A simple smile can make all the difference in the world for how we handle the load of our day.  Today I honored my husband with a smile because I know it always makes a difference in his day as it does mine. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband with a smile?  Our husband's try so hard to make us happy; it brings them much joy to see us smile.  Especially when they know we may have a lot going on, they like to  know we are still feeling happy and joyful on the inside.  How can you honor your husband with a smile today to let him know of your joy?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."  ~Mother Teresa

"A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home."             Author Unknown


No comments: