Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 105 Honoring My Husband With Partnership

What a great day we had today.  It was hot, hot, hot, did I say it was hot. I could not believe how hot and humid it is here in Virginia.  We visited Busch Gardens and from the moment we entered the park we were drenched from the humidity.  Bryan loves roller coasters and I on the hand can do without them.  Typically when we go to amusement parks we have either our nieces, nephews or some other children with us to accompany him on the rides. Today however it was just me and him. 

I wanted to make sure we both had a great time so our compromise was to ride the water rides.  It served two purposes, he got to enjoy the thrill of the rides and we got to cool down for a while with the water.  The first one we went on I thought, oh that was a piece of cake so I dared to go on a second one.  It scared the heck out of me.  I screamed so loud I thought I injured my vocal cords.  We both had a great laugh out of it.  Today I honored my husband with partnership by facing my fears and ensuring we fully enjoyed our vacation.

We also visited an animal show while at the park and had the opportunity to learn more about the life of the Great Wolf.  At the end of the show I spent some time just watching the animals and began to think about how awesome our God is.  He created so many animals, creatures and critters and they all serve a great purpose on this earth.  I began to think about God's purpose for partnerships and how in just about every species there are partnerships.  I think this is absolutely beautiful and it made me wonder, beyond procreation, what is truly the purpose of our partnerships.  Today I honored my husband with partnership by not only ensuring I served as his ride partner in the park but also by raising the discussion about the greater purpose of our partnership here on earth.

Wives of the world how do you or can you honor your husband with partnership?  Have you ever had the discussion about the greater purpose of your partnership together beyond procreation?  There is a book I love called The Purpose Driven Life and in this book the author suggest that we write out the greater purpose for your life which I have done.  However we have never written out the greater purpose for our partnership which I am hoping to do rather soon.  Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with partnership today? Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ." Philemon 1:6

Love does not consist in gazing at each other,
but in looking outward together in the same direction.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery ~

No comments: