Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 89 Honoring My Husband With Promotion

Today was the day for my fellowship dinner and Bryan was to attend the reception prior to the dinner.  I was so excited about the possibility of my classmates meeting my husband.  I have been in the program with them for almost two years and have talked about him on several occassions and thus far only one other classmate had the pleasure of meeting him. 

In my excitement about the evening and the possibility of the class meeting him, I could not help but share so at the end of the day I stated to the class I am so happy you all will get an opportunity to meet my handsome hunk of a man.  They all got so much of a kick out of it and it heightened their interest in meeting him.  Unfortunately he got caught in some traffic and arrived late, but I found it quite interesting how many folks stayed to meet him before we headed to the dinner. 

Their excitement got me to thinking about how we as wives set the expectation about our mates in the eyes of others.  I am clear that I socially constructed their expectations of my husband with the intention of it being a good one and him having a good experience with them.  I wondered if they would have been just as anxious to meet him had I spoken about him negatively.  I also wondered if other wives thought it to boastful of me to brag about my husband's good looks or if they thought my intention was to imply their husband's were not in the same caliper when in actuality my intent was simply to publicly honor my husband by promoting how I feel and think about him.  When we arrived at dinner a fellow classmate shared with him what I had shared with the class and I could see him blushing as he listened to her rendition of my boasting about him. 

Wives of the world, in what ways do you honor your husband's with promotion?  How do you talk about him to your family, friends and coworkers in his absence?  If you were to run into your coworkers while hanging with your husband on the weekend, would you be concerned about what they might think or say since they can  now put a face to the name you have been using?  It is our role as wives to promote our husbands in a positively light in the presence of others.  If we do not do it, then who will.  Honoring our husband's through public promotion in his presence or absence is one of the greatest compliments we can give.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The joy one gets while promoting one's mate is incomparable."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think that your classmates had great anticipation in meeting your hubbie because of your excitement of being married to him. You celebrate Bryan openly and boldly and people are curious to see this wonderful man you talk about. I don’t think it’s so much as boasting but sharing and allowing people to realize that there is such a thing as a happily married couple and it’s great that you share that. And no I don’t think they would have been as excited to meet him if you have spoken negatively about him. Building him up set a stage of excitement and it also made him feel proud that you spoke so highly of him.