Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 95 Honoring My Husband With Gratitude

Today is my birthday and my husband was considerate and romantic by beginning the celebration the night before.  He presented me with flowers a cake and card right before the strike of midnight to acknowledge the beginning of my day.  I was so surprised.  He usually waits until the morning and wakes me with a nice surprise so when he started it the evening before I was elated.

We had a nice dinner this evening and spent the rest of it just enjoying each other's company.  Today I am honoring my husband with gratitude because I am grateful for his thoughtfulness.  We had a little mix up in the location for dinner and my lesson was never assume anything and his was in the absence of data we make up our own stories.  So the morale of the lessons, ask the right questions and share the right information. 

Wives of the world in what ways do you honor your husband's with gratitude?  How do you let him know you appreciate his thoughtfulness?  Please share your stories with us; there are male and female readers who may get a great idea from you. 

Thank you Bryan for a nice birthday and thank you to everyone who called and sent me a note to say happy birthday.  I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts." Col. 3:16

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward

No comments: