Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 285 Honoring My Husband With Curiosity

The other day while grocery shopping I noticed this month's Essence magazine had blazoned on the cover, "The Secret To Black Love, Real Couples, Real Solutions."  So of course I had to purchase it.  Then on today while teaching at church, someone had a local magazine called "Grace & Glory".  While perusing through it I noticed an article titled "Love Unlimited" so I found a copy I could bring home.  Both of these magazine articles raised my curiosity about their contents.  Being and African American couple, I was especially intrigued by the Essence article and very curious as to whether or not it would contain any secrets that are specifically for Black couples that may not apply to others.  Today I honored my husband with curiosity in the hopes I would learn something new in the pages of either or both articles.

After reading both articles I was somewhat excited, a little disappointed but mostly I think I felt validated.  I enjoyed the contents of both. The Essence article that stated secrets to black love I discovered was really an article about how important it is to have effective communication, clear expectations, ongoing shared activities, and a high degree of commitment and sharing of life experiences to keep love alive.  To me these secrets are not just for African American or Black couples  but for any couple that wants to have lasting love.

The Grace & Glory article focused on the importance of loving each other as God loves us.  One of the things stated in the article was "You cannot surpass God's love but it does not hurt to try" I loved this little nugget.  The author went on to say, "Give love, the gift that keeps on giving, and  you and the recipient will not be disappointed."  The article was written by Carla J. Debnam who is the wife of a Pastor I know very well.  My thoughts after reading her article was, well done and well said.  She spoke about how God's love is not limited and how we are to show love in action by not having limits.

Today I honored my husband with curiosity, mainly because my curiosity led me on a journey to discover some great secret or to find love unlimited.  I am happy that as a result of reading both articles I felt I am on the right path, have activated the recommended secrets, and to try to love like Jesus in all my relationships.  It was a nice validation.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband's with curiosity?  What things do you have questions about in your relationship or other areas that a little curious research can solve?  How can you honor your husband with curiosity today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Curiosity is the lust of the mind." Thomas Hobbes

3 comments:

Lauren F. Boyd said...

Great post! I am always trying to honor my husband, so your posts are timely and helpful.

Thanks, too, for commenting on my blog! Always great to see you!

Conny said...

Apparently, the secrets to love cross all boundaries!! :) I guess the one secret that might apply exclusively to an African-American couple compared to a white couple (or whatever ethnicity you might want to add here) is sharing the traditions of that culture - such as the "jumping the broom" custom I've heard of OR other such traditions that are somewhat exclusive to one ethnic group or the other .... but in the end, as you said, those REAL secrets of love are universal and cover all people because at the core we are all craving someone to love us, communicate with us, and meet our unique needs - and if we have God in the midst of those desires, it is ever more wonderful. Great post for thought today, Rochelle!!

Rochelle said...

Thank you Conny and Lauren for your posts. Lauren I am glad the site is helpful to you as you honor your husband and I am glad to see you as well.

Conny it is always a pleasure to see you. Thanks for the reminder about those cultural differences that might add something different to the mix.

Always nice to see you both.