Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 299 Honoring My Husband's Taste

Today continues to be quite challenging emotionally as our family deals with the loss of my cousin.  When I am feeling stressed I clean.  Today I decided to work on our recreation room.  In the midst of it I decided I wanted to make several changes.  I had forgotten I had agreed that the rec room was Bryan's area to decorate so when I shared with him my plans he reminded me that it was his area.  Today I honored my husband's taste by negotiated with him a compromise for the decor.  Fortunately we were able to come to an agreement and I look forward to the changes. 

Wives of the world how do you honor your husband's tastes? A while ago I shared that one of the ways to honor our husband's is to allow them to have their space in the home.  I had forgotten that this may stretch beyond their chair and office but into other shared spaces.  As I honor Bryan's taste in colors and decor I found myself being creative in working with what I have to create what I hope to be one of our masterpieces.  How can you honor your husband's taste on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"And the two shall become one includes combining each other's taste." RAS 

No comments: