Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 301 Honoring My Husband's Support

This past week has been quite emotionally challenging to say the least and today was a very difficult day for my family.  We had the funeral services for my cousin West who was 27 years old.  He was the kind of person that loved life in a major way.  His smile and presence so filled a room it was impossible not to notice him.  Everyone who met him loved him and he would give the shirt off his back to anyone in need.  The evidence of how much he loved and was loved was demonstrated by the overflow of people in attendance at the service.  There were so many people that the Pastor had to stop the viewing to begin the service.  As he heard several family members and friends share about how West loved life, his family and people in general, he decided to stop the services and allow those that were standing outside to have an opportunity for closure by allowing the continuation of the viewing.  He had also gotten notification that the line of people stretched `half a mile around the corner of the church.

We have a very large family and we were overwhelmed by the number of friends that came to show their support and respects during this time.  We were utterly amazed at how the church was filled beyond capacity and that there were close to 100 cars in the processional to the burial grounds. 

I had to travel to New Jersey for the services and was honored that Bryan made it a point to ensure he was their to show his respects and support.  Today I am honoring his support.  He had a commitment he needed to meet yet took the time to drive me to New Jersey, attend the wake service and return home to meet his commitment all within a 12 hour period.  I stayed in New Jersey to spend more time with my family.

I made a conscious choice on yesterday to fore go my posting because all I could do these past couple of days is honor my husband through my mourning.  This evening when I arrived home I believe I was and still am filled with so much emotional energy that I could not sleep and then remembered I needed to complete my post for today.  Today I am honoring my husband's support in the midst of my mourning and the celebration of the life and short time we had with my cousin.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband's support?  How do you honor him when he goes above and beyond the call of duty to support you?  Any time God decides to take one of his children it is a reminder of how little time we really have with our loved ones.  I wonder if we calculated the amount of time we waste getting angry, upset and frustrated with our husband's how much would it equate to over the course of a year.  Would it be 24 hours or 24 days or would it be into the months? I wonder if we took that same time to show love, grace and give space; how much more enjoyable life would be for us all.  Maybe your husband did not drive you across state lines after working all day, but maybe he helped the kids with homework when it was your turn but you were tired, or maybe he did a chore that he normally does not, or maybe he just listened when you needed it most.  Whatever it is, how can you honor his support on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The support of a spouse are the manifestation of God's footprints." RAS

No comments: