Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 297 Honoring My Husband With Planning

I have a love relationship with this time of year.  It is my favorite time of year in that I love celebrating the birth of Christ, blessing family members with gifts of love, and the cheerfulness of the season that is spread throughout.  I also love the wonderful displays of Christ in the decorations.  I pay attention to the colors that are used in the displays and I wonder how many people are intentional in their choices.  I wonder how many people know that white lights represents the purity of Christ and red lights represents the blood of Christ and that green lights represents evergreen or eternal life.  Or that
collectively the lights signify hope, happiness and safety and they represent the fact that Jesus is the light of the world in the midst of profound darkness.  I wonder how many people when hanging candy canes know that the story, true or not is believed to be that the three stripes represent the Holy Trinity. 

What I love about this season is that it is the birth of our savior Jesus and intentional or not, many people adorn their homes with the purity, blood and eternal life of Christ.  They fill their homes with the Holy Trinity and top their trees with an angel or some other representation of nativity.  Many people will say God bless you only during this time of year.  Today I am honoring my husband with planning in preparation for the celebration of Christmas. 

As I ponder on all the things I love about Christmas, I am also preparing for our annual holiday party.  Bryan and I began something that has become a tradition in our family and circle of friends.  Today I am honoring him by planning the event and also planning what his role will be to prepare for the engagement.  It has been quite the feast and this year we plan to add other aspects of enjoyment for our guests.  In all my planning there is one thing I do not  have to concern myself with and that is what color lights will I use for decorations.  I love the significance, look and experience of surrounding our home with lights that signify the purity and safety of Christ.  So in my preparation and honoring of  Bryan with planning he always know white lights are at the top of the list.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband with planning?  Is there a ritual you have that in the midst of all that needs to be planned, there are some things you and your family can count on to be constant from year to year? When I take the time to plan out what needs to be done and when it needs to happen; I can always count on Bryan to follow up.  He loves having a heads up and knowing in advance what he needs to be prepared to do.   How can you honor your husband with planning on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

No comments: