Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 296 Honoring My Husband's Absence

Today I took part in the celebration of my eldest uncle 75th birthday party.  It was so awesome to see him, his wife and siblings enjoying the festivities.  Bryan was not able to accompany me to the event so all evening members of my family kept asking about him.  Initially my response was simply he could not make it. 

After answering that question several times it dawned on me that there was a level of disappointment by some of my family members that he could not make it.  Bryan has a very good relationship with most of my immediate and extended family.  I could tell my uncle was a little disappointed when I shared with him Bryan could not make it; so I decided to provide a more in depth explanation.  Once I began sharing the reason Bryan could not make it I realized in the moment that I was honoring him in his absence by making others aware of his current challenge.  Today I honored my husband's absence by helping others to understand his current situation.  This allowed folks to realize that he did not simply choose not to come and that it was a more strategic decision to address an important issue.

Wives of the world in what way can you honor your husband's absence?  I later realized that I could have been disappointed and complained to my family why Bryan was not there but instead was able to make lemonade out of lemons.  How can you honor your husband's absence today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

No comments: