Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 305 Honoring My Husband With A Proclamation

I cannot believe I have only 60 more days to go in my year of honoring my husband.  It has been quite the journey thus far.  This month  I have been committed to the sole role of being a wife.  My apologies to you all because I just realized I had not sent out or posted my survey for you all to share your perspective on what it means to be a wife.  I will surely follow-up on that in the New Year because I am more curious than ever now.

The month of December is rapidly coming to an end and I have to confess that I am not too crazy about serving in the sole capacity of being a wife.  One of my greatest concerns was the expectation Bryan would have while I served in just this role.  Today I am honoring my husband with a proclamation.  I don't like it very much.  I have spent a good portion of the time getting my house back in order because I let so many things fall by the wayside while I was in school.  I am really happy about that because I like order.  I am honoring my husband with a proclamation because I have so much respect for those who are housewives and love spending the majority of their time taking care of their husband, home and children.  I have come to realize it is a lot of work and I don't even have any children.  I have also realized the expectation about what is possible in a day can be quite unrealistic from one's spouse.   

I know part of it for me is that I have to stay busy and as Bryan so dutifully noted one evening, I am busy because I have chosen to be busy this month.  I have cleaned and organized areas in my home that probably would have never been touched if I was focusing on my work as usual.  I do have to admit that part of the reason why I do not like it very much is because Bryan's schedule did not change so I have spent most of my time alone and missing him.  I believe if he worked a normal schedule which afforded us the opportunity to have dinner together on a regular bases I would have enjoyed it more.  Nonetheless I am proclaiming my excitement for the month of January when I will be focusing on my business as well as home.  I think I will like having the balance a little better.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with a proclamation?  Is there something you have discovered about yourself or your role that you like or dislike?  How can you honor your husband by proclaiming this new found knowledge on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

No comments: