Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 295 Honoring My Husband's Work Ethics

The journey to feeling valued
 for men and woman is to be
 honored by being served.
Today was an exciting day for me because I completed almost all of my Christmas shopping.  Yet it was almost ruined by my extended trip home.  It was a long, fulfilling yet tiring day and I was looking forward to getting home to relax my legs.  Bryan and I chatted and I shared with him that I had forgotten to take out what I had planned to cook for dinner.   He simply stated "It doesn't matter I will grab whatever we have, I'm sure I can throw something together." 

My first thought was that of relief but then I quickly remembered that he had quite an early start this morning and I know it was a very busy day for him.  Having a good dinner to Bryan is just as meaningful to him, as it is for me when he drives me around.  With that in mind I decided I wanted to honor my husband's work ethics by not providing a dinner he would just be okay with but one that he would truly enjoy.  In my quest to accomplish this task I found my directionally challenged self off the path home and ended up adding an additional 30 minutes to my trip. This was with my GPS best friend. Normally when I get off my directional path I consider myself  to be exploring however, this evening I was a little perturbed because I wanted to get home to cook this great meal.

I am one that believes in the power of energy.  I began to think about the negative energy I was carrying and thought I did not want that to be a part of the meal I was planning to prepare.  I decided to choose to change my thoughts which changed how I was feeling and began to enjoy my extended journey.  As I began to enjoy my exploring I realized I was in a path of some very beautiful Christmas decorations, which I love.  My trip turned into an exploration of how the community expressed their celebration of Christ's birth.  When I arrived home and cooked I know it was filled with Jesus joy and good positive energy because that is what I was feeling and what we feel goes into what we do. 

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband's work ethics?  What is something you do that makes him feel special?  Many people say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I think those that believe this is only partially correct.  I believe the path is not his stomach it is the feeling of being honored through the process of being served that they love.  The food is simply the vehicle to the journey.  How can you honor your husband's work ethics today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"For even the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve,
and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 

No comments: