Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 304 Honoring My Husband With Today's Prayer

Earthly angels brings joy into our lives.
Yesterday was a challenge for me because several things reminded me of my cousin who just past.  I found myself angry which is not an emotion I typically feel or express.  I usually stay in a place of curiosity, wanting to understand more, wanting to see God's glory in the situation.  I typically stay in a place of peace and allow my joy to guide me.  Yesterday I found myself angry, fighting to find my joy, asking God why and was not too concerned about the good that will come out of the situation.  I found myself snapping at Bryan for something quite small which was a clear indicator to me that I was going through.

Bryan is a HUGE football fan.  Our TV stays tuned to NFL today or ESPN pretty much day and night when he is home.  On last night NFL today showed a story about one of my favorite jazz singers, Wayman Tisdale.  He passed away in 2009 from bone cancer.  I found myself intrigued not only by the story of his music but of his life and more so his character.  They talked about how he used to spread joy wherever he went, how he was always smiling and how so many people loved him the moment they met him.  I immediately thought, that sounds like West.  In that moment of watching Tisdale's story God revealed to me that he was ready, just as West was ready.  He touched all the lives he needed to touch, he changed the atmosphere of everywhere he went, people felt like they were ministered to and touched by an angel in their presence.  Today I am able to seek the glory God will bring as a result of us losing West.  I know it will be grand and I know God will be revealed in a mighty big way.

Today I am honoring my husband with a prayer I came across called Prayer for Today.  I am honoring him with this prayer because it is my prayer as I mourn the loss of my cousin.

Prayer for Today

Lord make me an instrument of Thy peace.  Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light, and where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive it, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.

Amen

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with today's prayer?  What prayer could soothe your spirit and lift up his and others on this day?  How can you honor your husband with prayer on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Earthly angels are like little peeks of God's heavenly love." RAS

No comments: