Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 287 Honoring My Husband By Recommitting

The past week has been quite spiritually and emotionally fulfilling for me.  Last week we had revival at church Monday - Wednesday.  One of the pastor's that preached used a credo that I used to use on a regular base for many years.  It is "I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know who."  This was my faith testimony about everything I believed God was going to do.  When he used these words the Lord reminded or more like convicted me about getting away from believing Him when it came to getting pregnant. At one time my faith was so strong that God was going to bless us with a child of our own that when people visited our home I would tell them one of the rooms is my daughter's room.  I would even tell them her name; it is Heaven because she will be God's gift to us from Him. I have a closet where I have stowed away clothing, gifts and other baby items I have purchased for when God performs this miraculous blessing. 

This past Sunday as I sat in church enjoying the worship service I looked around and realized I was surrounded by babies.  I could hear crying, giggles and baby noises in every direction.  My heart was filled with joy and sadness at the same time and I said to God, Lord I want to hold on to your promise but age and time are getting the best of me.  My heart got very heavy and I just said Lord when.  When my Pastor got up to speak he used the story of Abraham and Sarah to talk about how God does what he says he will do.  I shared on yesterday my desire because I think my heart was just too heavy to unload all of what I was feeling during the service.  I almost could not contain myself as he spoke about holding on to God's promise and our dreams and when he reminded us that Sarah was 90 when she gave birth I knew it was the Lord's reassuring me.

This was of huge significance to me because God has been using the story of Abraham and Sarah with me and Bryan for many years in terms of children.  So much so that at one point Bryan and I were at two different churches and when we came home that evening to talk about the service we realized that both preachers talked about Abraham and Sarah and this was on the heels of a discussion we had only two days prior.  We knew the messages were not a coincidence.  Today I am honoring my husband by recommitting my faith and unwavering belief in Jesus and that the Lord will do what he said he will do. 

Bryan and I had to drive two different cars to church on Sunday.  I arrived before him and realized I did not have my phone so I could not text him to let him know where I was sitting.  We have a huge church that sits close to 5,000 people so I did not see him nor did he see me even though we both sat in the area where we typically sit.  While the pastor was preaching I was so yearning for Bryan's presence as I felt my pastor was speaking to me and I took notes feverishly so I could share all the details with him. I thought he may have decided to visit another church or got caught up with errands.  To my surprise at the end of the service as he was leaving we saw each other.  He came over and gave me a huge hug because we both knew the Lord was speaking to us.

Today I am honoring my husband by recommitting my faith, standing on God's promise, believing him at his word, knowing what he promised will come to pass and allowing my faith and not life's facts to guide the way.  As I have so often said, "I don't know how, I don't know when, but I know who" and that is all that matters. 

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband by recommitting?  What is it that you have let go of or your faith has wavered that you need to recommit to?  There have been many situations where things have looked bleak and the only thing I had to stand on was faith, so that is what I did and every time, every single situation the Lord came through.  The one thing I remember about each and every one of those situations is that I held on to the Lord's word,  "The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry," and "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken." Psalm 34:15 & 55:22 respectively.  I knew if I walked in faith God would give me a testimony as he always did and I know he always will. How can you honor your husband by recommitting your faith today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Prov. 3: 5-6

2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Keep trusting God, all things are possible for those who believe; if he did for sarah, rachel, and Elizabeth; HE will also do it for you.

Rochelle said...

Thank you Toyin for your words of encouragement. I do believe him at his word.