Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 291 Honoring My Husband With Quiet Time

Yesterday and today were very busy days for Bryan and me.  Yesterday I worked on getting items ready for a flea market I decided to partake in and he had his somewhat usual day of taking care of unexpected business events.  When it was all said and done today I found myself wanting to just totally unwind and then thought Bryan would probably want to do the same.  So today I honored my husband with quiet time.

I decided I wanted to create the feeling of being away at a nice cafe.  I fixed a cheese, grapes and crackers platter.  Made us two hot cups of tea, we both love tea. Turned off the TV so we could have some quiet time to just talk and be with each other and added the pleasant sounds of soft jazz music.
When Bryan came home he was a little taken back, it has been a long time since I've had time and opportunity to create such an atmosphere.  We spent a little over an hour discussing several topics before getting dinner.  Today I honored my husband with some quiet time and afforded us both an opportunity to just be.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband with quiet time?  How do you allow each other to simply enjoy each other's company without the distraction of TV, children, work or home chores?  How can you honor your husband with quiet time today? 

Blessings,

Rochelle

No comments: