Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 283 Honoring My Husband With Advent

Joy, Hope, Peace and Love,
God's gift to us and our relationships.
Today as I was reading one of my favorite devotionals, Our Daily Bread it talked about the season of advent which began this past Sunday.  It is my favorite time of year where we gear up to celebrate the birth of Christ.  I was reminded that Advent is marked by a spirit of expectation, of anticipation, of preparation and of longing.  It talked about how hope, peace joy and love are emphasized during this time.  As I read more about each of these blessings from God I thought how different life would be if we celebrated advent every day throughout the year in our marriage. Today I am honoring my husband with Advent. 

Our Daily Bread described the following:

HOPE. We have an inheritance reserved in heaven, a living hope through the resurrection of Christ from the dead (1 Peter 1:3-5).  How would we see things if we addressed our marital challenges through the lens of hope every day?  How much lighter our hearts would be?

PEACE. We will love life and see good days if we turn from evil and do good and if we seek peace, for the Lord watches over the righteous and hears their prayers (3:10-12).  How much more pleasant would we be if we constantly walked in peace which allows our energy to be calming presence?

JOY. We have inexpressible joy even though we have trials because our faith is being tested and proven genuine. The end of this faith is the salvation of our souls (1:6-9).  How much less anxiety would we experience if we truly trusted God by activating from the moment we arise in the morning till the time we lay for rest?

LOVE. We can love one another with a pure heart because we have been born again through the Word of God which lives and abides forever (1:22-23).  How different would we experience our marriage if our spouses experienced our love as unconditional every moment of every day?

Because Christ came the first time, we can live with hope, peace, joy, and love till He comes again.  We can live this way every day in every way if we choose to live the season of advent everyday.

Today I am honoring my husband with advent.  It is my favorite time of the year where it seems everyone is filled with joy and peace.  I am honoring my husband with advent as a reminder that Christ's birth was intended for us to experience hope, peace, joy and love to the extreme not only in our daily walk but in our life's relationships, especially marriage.  I am honoring my husband with Advent as I continue to experience the spirit of expectation, anticipation, preparation and of longing for how God will continue to move our marriage to another level of glory.  I am excited about what he is doing, will do and has already done. 

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with Advent?  What are you expecting, anticipating, preparing and longing for the Lord to do in your marriage?  How can you honor your husband with Advent today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"If you’re looking for more hope, peace, joy, and love in your marriage, look to God."

No comments: