Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 292 Honoring My Husband With Leadership

Leading by faith is like having angels
carry the load so we walk a little
lighter and see our way to the end.
Today my pastor preached an awesome sermon about believing God's word.  The topic was called  "Making Do" and it was about being financially savvy in these economic times and believing no matter your circumstances that God will bring you through.  He spoke out of the book of Luke chapter 2 and told the story of Mary and Joseph making do when they had to sleep in a barn and turn the barn into a manger for baby Jesus.  He mentioned how both Joseph and Mary had to display leadership by not complaining about where they were sleeping but turning it into what would work for them at that time.  Today I am honoring my husband with leadership.

During the sermon he mentioned how at times we can forget all about the many times God has brought us through a situation and begin to complain about our current situation not realizing that complaining gets in the way of focusing on the solution to whatever challenge we may be facing.  He stated that during these times, someone in the household have to serve in the leadership capacity by believing that no matter how bleak the situation looks God will make a way out of no way.  He said if you are the stronger believer, than you simply say, I know God will do this for us and more importantly I know he will do it for me.  I had a huge smile on my face when he shared this because there have been many of times those were my exact words to Bryan.

Today I am honoring my husband with leadership by continuing to believe that whatever comes our way, the Lord will surely bring us through and by reminding him of how we continue to be blessed beyond our expectations.    I especially believe that the Lord will bring our desire to be parents to pass.  As I have said before, I don't know how, I don't know when but I know who.  Jesus will surely keep his promise.

Wives of the world how can you or do you honor your husband's with leadership?  When it comes to challenging times are you part of the solution or part of the problem?  Are you the complainer or the believer?  Are you the encourager or the doubter?  One thing I have come to know for sure, if God says it, he means it and he will do it.  If you are on the negative side of the coin during challenging times, how can you honor your husband with leadership by becoming a part of the solution and put your faith to action by demonstrating your belief in what Jesus will and can do?  How can you honor your husband with leadership today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"The LORD, before whom I have walked faithfully, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success.." Genesis 24:40

2 comments:

Conny said...

That's so awesome!! Sounds like you, me, and your pastor are on the same vein today!! Great reminders of what is really important ...

Rochelle said...

Thanks Conny, it has been quite fun believing and then watching the Lord at work.