Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 302 Honoring My Husband With Jesus Joy

Happy Birthday Jesus!
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope your holiday is filled with lots of love, peace and Jesus joy.

I awoke so excited today about celebrating the birth of Jesus.  I could not wait to get to church to celebrate the birth of the one reason I have peace, joy and life everlasting.  I was surprised myself at how much love I could literally feel in my heart for the appreciation of being chosen and saved by Jesus.  It feels like a true Pentecost moment. Today I honored my husband with Jesus joy because I was and am filled with so much love.

I am honoring him with Jesus joy because when my heart is filled with Jesus joy I feel like my love for him increases exponentially.  The small stuff just does not seem to matter when your heart is filled with the love of the Lord.  Life takes on a different meaning and forgiveness seems to live in the air.   I love that this time of year it seems everyone has just a bit more joy and happiness to share. 

Wives of the world how can you or do your honor your husband with Jesus joy?  As you celebrate the day please remember the reason for the season.  What do you do to share the love of Christ?  Do you demonstrate your love by teaching your children, family and friends the importance of this day.  Let your festivities go beyond giving of gifts and let it include the giving of the love of the Lord.  Tell someone what Jesus has done for you and how he has changed your life.  Remember the greatest gift in life is free; its called salvation.  How can you honor your husband with Jesus joy on today?  Please share your stories with us we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"For the joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son." John 3:16

No comments: