Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 289 Honoring My Husband With Coaching

Coaching allows one to see
with a new set of eyes.
 Yesterday Bryan was somewhat disturbed by some news he had received from a colleague.  As we discussed it I could tell it really impacted him and he had a sense of despair thinking about how the situation that impacted his colleague could also impact him.  I immediately began to remind him of how his situation was quite different than this colleague but I knew my words were falling on deaf ears.  At moments like this I do what I believe is the best thing to do which is pray and serve as a coach so the person can find their own answer.  It is staying in a place of curiosity and removing ourselves from the outcome which can be challenging when it is your loved one you are coaching.  Today I honored my husband with coaching.

As we continued the conversation I switched my mode from the encouraging wife to the life coach partner.  I asked questions like, what can you do so you do not experience the same situation in your business, how has God led you to handle such situations in the past and what would be a comfortable resolution.  At the time he could not think of any answers.  This morning as I prayed I began by asking the Lord to help Bryan find a way to address this business concern he had.  Because I am not keenly aware of all the nuances and possibilities of this aspect of his business, I could not offer any suggestions. 

A little later in the day when I spoke with him he shared how he was going to address it.  All I could say was thank you Jesus.  He began to share answers to the questions I had asked the night prior.  This taught me a very valuable lesson.  I initially thought my questions were of no value in helping him and then realized that sometimes people just need time to think through to the solutions.  I truly felt the Lord heard my prayer and removed Bryan's despair to get him to a place of seeing possibilities.  Today I honored my husband with coaching and with some help from the Lord he was able to find a solution to something that initially looked hopeless.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with coaching?  Where is he stuck?  How can you, by serving in the role of coach instead of wife, help him to find the answers to something he is currently facing but do not see a resolution?  How can you honor him with coaching today? Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious." Albert Einstein

2 comments:

Conny said...

Again, I relate!! At the beginning of this school year, some changes were made by our boss/pastor at the Christian school where my husband works. I immediately & emotionally vented how these things were NOT the direction we wanted to go, were NOT what we originally planned 6 years ago when we began to work with our pastor, and I just went on and on about how this was NOT going to be good for us or for the school we work for & have invested so many years in.
My husband CALMLY, LOGICALLY said to just give it time, to wait, to trust God, to see how things pan out, etc ...

Well, things are turning out as I said - and now my husband is telling ME all the problems that he is realizing which are the SAME ONES I initially noted. In any case, I am thankful that maybe his subconcious listened to me so many months ago - and maybe he considered what I said, just in his own careful time.
In any case, you can add us to your prayers as my husband will resign his job in January, effective in June :( We'll be looking for new employment and a new city to move to! Much change ahead but TOGETHER we will seek God and forge ahead. :)

Rochelle said...

Wow! It is awesome when our spouses realize our initial intuition was dead on. Although unfortunate about the experience you all are having at your church. How exciting about all the anticipated change in your family. I quit my job last year and it was the best thing for our family. I spent way too much time on the road. All the best as you al prepare for the transition.