Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 294 Honoring My Husband With Sweet Treats

Today I am grateful that we serve a Lord that is so forgiving and gives us grace and mercy with the big and small things.  Yesterday I was quite busy and did not realize until today that I actually missed publishing my post.  As I sat down to prepare for this days post I was feeling pretty guilty until the Lord spoke.  What I realized was that all though I may miss a consecutive day it does not mean I have lost sight of my journey; it simply means the next day continues the sequence.  I also realized that this actually benefits my husband because the number of days of honoring him will be well beyond 365 because of the few days I have missed.  I am just thanking God for giving me grace.

Today I honored my husband with sweet treats.  I took a trip to Hershey and had the opportunity to shop in their company store.  I was like a kid in a candy store.  Bryan's favorite chocolate bar is Reese's so I stocked up on them for him. I could not believe the variety of Reese's they had in the store and I was sure to buy his favorite and things I did not think he had ever tried. He was quite grateful when I presented them to him.  I was fortunate enough to purchase enough chocolate to make gift baskets for my nieces and nephews for Christmas.   I look forward to seeing their faces when they get the goodies, as I am sure they will be filled with smiles as Bryan's was this evening. 

Later in the evening he remembered that I had received a package in the mail from one of my very best friends from Chicago.  She sent me a large can of my favorite popcorn. Garrett's caramel and cheese mix.  If you have never tasted Garrett's popcorn, do not die and go to heaven without trying it.  It is the absolute best popcorn I have ever tasted; you can go to http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/ to purchase a bag or tin and do not blame me when you become addicted.  My first thought when I opened the box was, how cool ii is when the Lord reciprocates our giving. I honored Bryan with sweet treats and in return received my favorite sweet treat on the same day.  I do not believe in coincidences and know it was only a blessing from God. 

Wives of the world how do you or can you honor your husband with sweet treats?  Today was a reminder to me that it is always better to give than to receive and when we do how God always returns our giving twofold.  How can you honor your husband with sweet treats today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.
Blessings,

Rochelle

"Nothing says I love you like your favorite sweet treat." RAS

No comments: