Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 106 Honoring My Husband With A Warranty

I heard a great sermon today about life's purpose and the purpose of relationships by two different Pastors on Family Life Today.  I am always so amazed, pleased and fascinated when I go to the Lord with curiosity how he uses so many venues to speak to  me.  Yesterday I pondered on the question, the purpose of a partnership beyond procreation.  Today the Lord began to provide an answer and based on his answer I am honoring my husband today with a warranty.

One of the Pastor's I heard was Dr. Tony Evans and he spoke about how God leads us to our divine purpose and he used the analogy of purchasing a product with a warranty.  He shared how the purpose of a warranty is to get a product back in proper working order if it malfunctions.  He also stated that the warranty is only good if you use the product according to its intended purpose.  He related this to how we as Christians have a built in warranty from the Lord but it is only good if we use the product, ourselves, according to our intended purpose.  He went on to share that our most important purpose is to seek the Lord with all our heart as quoted in Deuteronomy.  He proceeded to say only if we are willing to function in God's purpose (individually and collectively) will we find our purpose.  This sermon was a reminder that our first purpose is to seek the Lord together as a couple, hence the threefold cord and this will lead us to our God intended purpose for our marriage.

The sermon also had me thinking about how well I am using myself (the product) as God has intended as a wife as well as how we are using our marriage as God intended.  I know that I can go to the Lord with anything and he will fix it and or me so I know I am covered by his warranty.  Today I am honoring my husband with a warranty because I know even with the assignment, process, blessing and challenge of honoring him each and every day I still malfunction.  With the best of intentions at hand, I know that I sometimes come up short according to God's intended purpose for a wife.   Today I am honoring my husband with a warranty as an acknowledgement of malfunctions to come, and with the assurance that the Lord will get me right back in operable order according to his will just as long as we stay in constant communication with him.

Wives of the world in what ways do you are can you honor your husband's with a warranty?  Are you using yourself according to God's intended purpose for a wife?  Are you willing to function according to the Lord as a wife?  How do you feel about submitting and honoring your husband as the Lord commands?  The answer to these questions will give you indication on how well you are using the product (yourself) according to God's intended purpose.  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you and learn in what way's we all can be better wives according to God's intended purpose.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deut. 4:29

"To find the Lord's will find the Lord." Dr. Tony Evans

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great post Rochelle!!! I love how you tied the warranty into God's purpose for our lives as well as marriage. I think if we look at ourselves as products and ask ourselves how are we supposed to be used? This may help many of us find our God given purpose in life. . I believe if two people look at their marriage as a product that they are working on and building together and in the process realize that we are all still a work in progress the pressures of perfection seem to fade away.

Rochelle said...

Thank you so much. I truly believe the Lord is going to lead us directly to what great and or small impact he wants our life and marriage to have for our time together on this earth. I cannot wait to find it. Rochelle