Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 75 Honoring My Husband By Keeping the Dream Alive

Wow! Day 75 and I am still holding on.  I cannot say it has been easy but it has not been difficult. The Lord is growing, teaching, stretching and moving me into new territory each and every day.  Today I was able to support my husband by helping him take care of one of his properties.  He has a property that has two huge and I mean huge Magnolia trees.  There were leaves and branches everywhere from the recent rain and thunderstorms as well as from the Fall.  As I began this task I started to think about all the things I needed to be doing for school, however I stopped and said a quick prayer asking the Lord to help me to just enjoy the present moment.  Once I got into it, I actually enjoyed the work.  It was like working out for a cause. 

As I have said several times before I am so happy the Lord has given this assignment to me.  Today I am honoring my husband by keeping the dream of this blog alive and following God's directions.  I hope in the near future my silent viewers will feel compelled to come out of the closet and let the world know you are with us.  I also hope you feel compelled to share your stories, thoughts and insights as I truly hope this to be a venue for women to learn how to honor their husband's and I realize the power of one mind times many.  So jump in any time ladies.

Wives of the world how do you honor your husband's by keeping a dream or commitment  you have made alive?  In what ways have you stayed the long haul in tough and not so tough times?  I know many of you are Christians and as Christians we often say one of our values is commitment and dependability yet we do not always keep our promises when it gets difficult.  Let this be the year you keep all your commitments no matter how challenging they are and please share your secrets with us.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else." Erma Bombeck

No comments: