Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 255 Honoring My Husband With Inquisition

I had to take a trip to Washington, DC today and I decided to take the train because I did not want to   deal with rush hour traffic.  While I was in the station, I saw a magazine and on the front cover it asked, “Why Do We Get Married?”  These days anything that have the words marriage I stop and read.  I tried to purchase the magazine but it was an old issue and no longer on the stands.  I was very curious about their answer but unfortunately will not get the chance to find out.  So of course I began to ponder this question. 
Not too long ago Tyler Perry produced two block buster movies titled almost the same, “Why Did I Get Married?”  And “Why Did I Get Married Too?”  They were both great movies but I do not recall the question ever getting answered.  Now that I am reflecting on the movie, I believe the question was more rhetoric than anything and intended for the audience to answer for ourselves. 
When I think about why I got married, the first thing that comes to mind is of course because I loved my husband and wanted to spend the rest of my life experiencing this world with him; also because I wanted a family, someone to grow old with and have stories to tell and memories to reminisce upon in my later years.  It is also the Lord's request, "For it is better to marry than to burn with passion,"  1st Corin. 7:9.
This cover had me wondering, why someone would even pose the question, why do we get married and then I realized, what my husband always says to me, everybody is not me and everyone does not have good intentions.  Some people do marry for the wrong reasons, some marry because it is required of their culture, others are forced into it and some just flat out chose to exercise their passion without being married.  Today I am honoring my husband with inquisition.  Inquisition about why we got married to ensure we are fulfilling our commitments to each other and to our God.  It was quite a nice exercise.
Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with inquisition?  Why did you get married?  Someone once asked me would I do it all over again and I said of course I would.  I chose not to ask them the same question because I know projection when I see it or when someone wants you to validate their story.  My pastor once said, if it is not your truth do not claim it because it may very well become your truth for claiming and speaking it.  In other words, when your girlfriends are complaining about their marriages and you join in just for the heck of it, not only are you not honoring your marriage, you are also not honoring the blessing God has bestowed upon you.  How can you honor your husband today with inquisition?
Blessings,
Rochelle
"Why we get married has to be much greater than just because." RAS

No comments: