Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 270 Honoring My Husband's Generosity

Today was a day of honoring my husband's generosity.  I am so proud of how he makes it a point to give back in so many ways to the community.  Every week he serves at the homeless shelter serving food.  For several weeks he had been talking about doing something special for the holidays but we are going to be out of town so he decided to provide the homeless shelter with an early Thanksgiving.  I could not believe how him and his buddies rallied together to purchase turkeys, sweet potatoes, collard greens, stuffing and cornbread to feed close to 300 people.

Yesterday as he was preparing he was concerned there would not be enough food so I had to remind him that Jesus fed thousands with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and he would not allow him to put forth such an effort to have someone go without.  When he arrived home today he, although he was tired, I could tell he was also was very spiritually and emotionally filled.  He gets such joy and satisfaction when he serves at the shelter and he is always wishing he could do more.   He shared the event was a huge success.  I was so proud of his accomplishment as I know it was a huge sacrifice and as frugal as my husband can be, when his heart tells him to do something he lets nothing get in the way. 

When I think about all the different times he has given from the heart just because it was the right thing to do, it makes me proud.  He has financially supported one of his prior middle school student's through college, purchased Christmas gifts for families that were under his supervision when he worked for a social services agency, and the one that made me the most proud was when he paid for Christmas for a family he did not know.  He was at the store, this woman had a cart full of toys, games and clothes and had apparently miscalculated what she had available to pay for all of it, she was $300 short and guess who was behind her in line, that's right Bryan.  He paid her bill and told her to have a Merry Christmas. 

It makes me realize why the Lord continues to bless him and have kept him and us through some hard economic times.  No matter how he tries to be hard on the outside, those that know him well knows that he has a heart of gold and will give anything to those he love and even to those he don't when they are in need.  This is why I love him so.  Today I am honoring my husband's generosity because it is worthy of honor.  I know to some his efforts may be small however to me, him and those on the receiving end they are huge and I know God is smiling down on him for his obedience. 

Wives of the world how do or can you honor your husband's generosity?  How does he give in unexpected ways to you, your family or others?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"It is always better to give than to receive."

1 comment:

Conny said...

That was SO GREAT to read!! :) What a heart of gold your husband has - and such a blessing to so many others.

Yesterday my daughter's class went to the nursing home here - and sang songs for the residents & then helped them fill boxes for Project Christmas Child. I talked to a few of the kids who told me "the nursing home smells bad" and other negative comments - but when I asked my Anna how her trip to the nursing home was, she said, "It was AWESOME!!! We had SO MUCH FUN. I helped a lady with her box for a 10-14 year old girl and ...." (on and on she talked). I was SO thankful my daughter did not focus on how a nursing home smells or how sad it is to see the residents sometimes (especially the ones who have dementia and such) - but instead she just HAD A GREAT TIME. I love a heart for others like that - and can truly be encouraged myself to do more for OTHERS like this.