Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 272 Honoring My Husband's Emotional Capacity

It's hard to be up and excited
when your body is worn down.
Today was a huge day for me.  I can now finally say I am done with school.  Yeah!  Once I completed my  exam I called Bryan to share my excitement and enthusiasm.  We talked briefly but I could tell something was not right with him.  When I asked him he shared that he had gotten a phone call from a tenant at 4AM about a leakage in the building.  So he got up to take care of it and as a result he was exhausted.  I knew immediately that he really did not have the emotional capacity for my excitement and as much as he wanted to revel in it with me he could not.  

So I told him to get some rest and we would talk later, later came and I could hear the difference in his state of mind. I am so glad I know him well enough to know that his response to my initial call had nothing to do with me and that something must have transpired for him to sound so zapped of energy.  I truly love when the Lord allows us to see each other's needs even across miles and on the phone.  Today I honored my husband's emotional capacity by allowing myself to curtail my excitement with him until he could receive it in a way that allowed us both to feel good about it.

Wives of the world how do or can you honor your husband's emotional capacity?  Sometimes things happen with us, for us or to us that we so desperately want to share that we lose sight of the state of mind of the other person.  We then take it personal when they do not respond the way we would like.  Unfortunately couples are not always on the same page and in the same state of mind.  Away from each other we live different lives, you have your work and he has his and you don't know what each other are experiencing until you ask or are told.  We have to respect and honor each others emotional capacity during those times and not cause each other to feel bad about not being where we are.  Your husband is not you and you are not him so we have to respect the difference in our emotional capacity to allow each other to be free to be who we are in the moment.  How do you need to honor your husband's emotional capacity today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Sometimes our cup runneth over and sleep is the only source of restoration." RAS

No comments: