Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 259 Honoring My Husband's Goodness


Goodness!
 Today was a good day where Bryan and I honored each other's idea of romance.  He spent the day with  me at church and I spent the evening with him watching football.  It was a great win/win and I found Shaunti's findings to be very true.  Men love it when we share in their joys. 

As I was on my way to church this morning I heard Max Lucado speaking about marriage.  One of the things he shared that I find to be so true is that after being married for a while we often tend to look at what's missing in our mate instead of looking at what they bring to the table.  Especially in the heat of  a disagreement.  It reminded me of a quote I love by Julia Roberts in the movie Pretty Woman, she stated to Richard Gere, "The bad stuff is easier to remember."  Lucado talked about how couples will come to him for counseling and all they talk about is what the other is doing wrong. He then shared he asks each of them to share their reasons for getting married. 

Lucado recommended keeping the good of our mates in our forefront by writing down five reasons we married them every day.  I believe my blog journey has been all about looking at the good and not the bad in my husband and marriage.  So  I like the idea of the exercise.  Today I am honoring my husband's goodness by acknowledging the good and keeping that in the forefront instead of the things I sometimes wish he'd lose or change. 

The message from Lucado was topped off by the message in church today.  My pastor talked about the importance of  praying for others more than we pray for ourselves which I would like to think I do.  However when I prayed about these two messages the Lord gave me great insight and an assignment. It is to merge the two together.  I pray for Bryan every day, but my assignment is to  every day write down at least three things of goodness about my husband and praying for him in those areas.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband's goodness?  Often times we are told to focus on building up our weaknesses, however research shows that we improve by leveraging and growing our strengths and simply be aware of  and work on our weaknesses.  I believe by acknowledging and praying for and about my husband's goodness andstrengths the Lord will continue to make him stronger in those areas which I believe will dim the light on his weaknesses; which was Lucado's message.  How can you honor your husband's goodness today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Honoring the goodness in someone is seeing them through your heart." RAS

2 comments:

Conny said...

thanks for linking up today @ my blog!! Glad you had a good Sunday!

Toyin O. said...

This is such a great thing to remember in all relationships; we must try to see the good in people instead of the bad.