Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 263 Honoring My Husband's Relationships

Good relationships ensures your
back is covered.
Because of Bryan's business he often has to go to rent court.  I mentioned a while back how I was so   impressed with how we were able to go into the courtroom and be out in very little time. Well today I had to stand in for him.  He introduced me to the major players a while ago, however I learned today how there really is no substitution for powerful relationships.  Today I honored my husband's relationships by recognizing the power they hold.

To my surprise when I arrived in the courtroom the clerk was not the person he had introduced me to and there was a different judge.  So unlike Bryan I spent almost two hours waiting for the case to be called.  I later realized that he had a relationship with this person as well, but because they did not see his face in the courtroom they thought the cases were dismissed.  I could see the surprise on the face of both the judge and the clerk when I rose as they called the case.  The judge asked me who I was, just as the last time the judge looked at Bryan as to say, "Who is she?" and without having to be asked, Bryan stated this is my wife Rochelle. 

As I reflect upon the prior experience and my experience today, I cannot help but honor the relationships my husband has built in his business network and the value that comes with them.  I recognized that although he may introduce me to everyone in his network, I have yet to earn their trust and respect and will probably never carry the clout that he does until I personally develop those relationships myself.   Today I am honoring my husband's relationships because I recognize the intellectual, relational, emotional and physical energy it must have taken to create such a powerful network.  I can only hope that as I grow my business I am able to create the same type of invaluable support system.  I again realized the brilliance of my husband's business acumen.  Building good relationships ensures you have a good support system and a good support system is comfort in knowing someone has your back.   This reminds me of the verizon commercial where the person is standing up front and hundreds of people are standing in the background demonstrating they are their for support. 
Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husband's relationships?  Does he have relationships that allow him to experience benefits that you are not as privy to because you have not invested the same emotional capital to take advantage of the benefits?  How can you honor your husband's relationships in a way that honors his accomplishments as it relates to building a successful support system?  What can you do to honor his relationships today?

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Relationships are the thread that binds success." RAS

No comments: