Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 281 Honoring My Husband With Structure

Monday was the first day of serving in the sole role of wife.  I could not believe how exhausted I was at  the end of the day.  I spent the day washing and folding clothes, my least favorite task, and laying the foundation for the remaining weeks.  I am usually a person of spontaneity however I have learned there are great benefits to having a little structure.  One of the things Bryan complained about while I was in school was how often we had chicken for dinner.  He loves chicken but got a little tired of it after eating so many chicken meals. Because of this, today I honored my husband with structure.

I used to create menus for the week and had gotten away from that quite a while ago when I started school. Although my coach helped me rediscover my love for cooking, time just did not allow for the diligence of establishing weekly menus.  Today I honored my husband with structure by putting that task back in effect.  He used to enjoy knowing ahead of time what would be for dinner and would look forward to it.   I like the idea of having a menu because I remember how easy it was to go shopping, how much money I saved, how we had less waste as a result and how much more healthier I cooked.  We had more variation in our meals because I was intentional about cooking something different each evening.  It also allows me to use my mental capacity in other ways throughout the week and not worry about what to cook for dinner each night which at times was exhausting itself. 

Wives of the world how do you or can you honor your husbands with structure?  Bryan would say of the two of us he is the more structured person, I say it depends.  He is the more routine person because I love variety yet I think I am the more structured person even though I only prefer a little of it.  Who is the more structured person in your relationship?  In what ways will honoring your husband with structure make your life or his life a little easier?  How can you honor him with structure on today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Many say variety is the spice of life, sometimes to get variety one has to indulge in a little structure." RAS

3 comments:

Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations said...

I am so proud of you Ms Rochelle in developing you cooking skills.My husband is serious about his meals as a chef its a bit more easy for me to have a structured meal planning. Even when I travel I prepare loads of dishes and portion them in small plastic container and pop them in the freezer. All he has to do is pop in the microwave when he is ready to eat. dishess such as soups, casseroles, stews, are great for freezing and reheats great.

Toyin O. said...

That is a great a way to honor your husband; don't they say that the way to a man's heart is thru his belly:)

Rochelle said...

Fifi and Toyin, thank you both for your gracious comments. I love the idea of preparing the meals ahead and freezing them for later. What a great idea for the winter.