Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 275 Honoring My Husband With A Plan

Write a plan and make it plain.
I cannot believe that I have less than one hundred days to go on this journey and at the same time I am very well aware that I am not done learning yet.  I made the commitment a couple of months ago to spend the month of December with no other major responsibilities except to be a wife.  It will be the first time since our marriage that I will have the opportunity to dedicate my time in such a way.  As I noted before I am excited and also a little nervous about what this might mean and what my husband will expect.  Nonetheless I am proceeding forward.  Today I honored my husband with a plan by preparing for this journey.

To prepare I have been asking him what are some of the most important things I can do to help him with his business or other things on his plate.  I have laid out a plan to get some things at home in order that are more of a concern for me than him like his closet.  I have also done some research on property management software.  My husband has over 50 property units that he manage and I have no idea how he keeps all that in his head.  I mentioned before about his phenomenal memory yet I know technology will be a huge relief for him and me.  Along with all this I am in the process of developing the survey I mentioned to get perspective from all of you about what it means to be a wife.

Today I honored my husband by laying out the plan to meet my commitment to eliminate or minimize all other duties, roles and responsibilities for the month of December to be a full time wife.

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband with a plan?  Is there something you have committed to do but have been putting it off because you have not laid out a plan?  When I initially had the thought to be a full time wife for the full month of December, I had a lot of curiosity about what that might look like.   In the absence of clarity I did what I do best, lay out a plan.  Sometimes a plan is all we need to move in the direction of where we are trying to go.  How can you honor your husband with a plan today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"For lack of vision my people perish."

No comments: