Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 264 Honoring My Husband With Resonance

The lasting joy of lemonade.
As I am preparing for my comprehensive exam I was reminded of a leadership characteristic that relates  to creating an environment.  The concept is about primal leadership and how some leaders have the quality to bring out the best in others.  Today I am honoring my husband with this quality of resonance. 
The concept of resonance is about using yourself as the tool to create the environment you want and bring out the best in people.  Resonance comes from the Latin word, resonare which means to resound.  It is when you are attuned to other people's feelings and move them in a positive emotional direction.

It reminds me of a story I heard on the Oprah show when Toni Morrison said she learned a very valuable lesson from her son.  He had created this drawing and presented it to her while she was working.  Her son threw away his drawing and she later learned it was because she had not smiled or acknowledged him when he presented to her.  She then proposed the question, "Does your face light up when your loved one's walk in the room?" 

This means we have some power to change the energy in the room and create the environment we would like by simply engaging the concept of resonance.  Today I honored my husband with resonance.  When our loved ones see us or approach us, they do not pay attention to what we say nor do, they pay attention to our behavior.  What does your behavior communicate to your spouse?

Wives of the world how can you honor your husband's with resonance?  I once heard a female Pastor tell a story about how she learned how to get the attention she wanted from her husband.  She had been married for several years and they had a five year old daughter.  She noticed how her husband embraced and displayed behaviors and emotions of joy every time he saw her so she began to watch how her daughter interacted with her husband.

When the daughter heard her husband at the door, she immediately ran to the door to greet him.  Once he released her embrace she would ask, daddy would you like something to drink.  She would ask daddy can I take your shoes and get your slippers and asked daddy what was exciting about your day today.  She proceeded to tell him what her mom was cooking for dinner and asked  him if it was something he liked and if it was not she would help mommy prepare something different.  The daughter did not tell her father anything about her day until she heard about his or unless he stated, I want to know what you did today.  The mother also noticed on the weekends when her husband was cutting grass her daughter would ask for a large glass of lemonade and proceed to take it outside to her father.  After he cut the grass she, the daughter would engage him in a conversation about his grass cutting experience. 

This Pastor stated, to her amazement her daughter was teaching her how to show love to her husband in a way that was pleasing to him.  She then stated she changed her behavior and on Saturday's while he would be cutting grass she would take him a glass of lemonade and she began to meet her husband at the door with her daughter when he came home.  She said as she began to make these changes she noticed a marketable difference in her relationship with her husband.  Her daughter taught her a great lesson; she taught her the power of resonance.  

How can you honor your husband with resonance today?  Please share your stories with us we would love to hear and learn from you.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"I love to play in the different keys, like keys that most people don't play in, because they have a better resonance." Marian McPartland, the jazz pianist

No comments: