Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 261 Honoring My Husband's Patience

If someone would have told me a while ago that I would one day honor my husband's patience, I would have gotten a good laugh out of it.  Bryan has said well at least God has given one of us patience.  However when I think about how he has supported me over the past two and half years with my schooling, the one word that comes to mind is patience, especially this week.  Today I am honoring my husband's patience.

My school program is and has been very intense, at times requiring an extensive amount of time.  This has meant that he has gone for days without me cooking dinner, the house not always being in order, clothes not being washed and my lack of ability to help him with his business.  On yesterday he said to me, "Honey, I know you are studying for your comp exam, so please don't worry about dinner and do what you need to do to finish school."  I was not surprised by his comment, however I was very appreciative of it. 

I also realized how patient he has been over the years.  When I am getting dressed for us to go out, I am pretty slow and he will simply sit and watch TV until I am ready.  He does this when we are going pretty much anywhere and typically does not tell me to hurry up, he just waits.  I never thought about this as being patient because when it comes to him dealing with the outside world or things with his business he has very little patience.   I am quite pleased that I recognize and can honor the patience he displays towards me when it comes to these things.  Today I am honoring and appreciating my husband's patience because he deserves to be recognized for his efforts in this arena.

Wives of the world how can or do you honor your husband's patience?  Is he or you the more patient one in your relationship?  If it is you, in what ways does your husband display patience that you can honor?  Is he patient with the children, with your schedule, with others, in whatever way he demonstrates patience it is evidence the skill and ability is there and worthy of recognition.  When we recognize someone for the good in something they believe to be a challenge for them, it gives them the incentive to continue working on improving in that area.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Patience is a virtue worth honoring, no matter the amount.  It's the effort that matters." RAS

No comments: