Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 273 Honoring My Husband With A Public Acknowledgement

There's no greater currency
than a public acknowledgment.
Today was a great day of celebration, exhilaration, thanks and acknowledgement.  I finished my school program today and we had our closing ceremony.  Bryan, my Mom and my sister were in attendance and it was a proud day for us all.  I did not know what the agenda was going to be for the  ceremony but was quite delighted because it afforded me the opportunity to acknowledge those that were my support system during the journey. Today I honored my husband with a public acknowledgement.

During the ceremony when we were given our awards and acknowledgements we received three roses.  We thought they were for us to keep but we later discovered that we had to share something about our support system and to give them a rose.  I loved the idea.  I gave one to my Practicum Advisor, one to a fellow cohort member and the third to my family but especially Bryan.  It gave me the opportunity to publicly acknowledge all the sacrifices he has made over the past two plus years for me to complete this program.  I was filled with tears by the time I was done because it was probably the first time I had a chance to really pause and think about how supportive he really has been.  It was a proud moment for me to share publicly about the great husband I have.  Today I honored my husband with a public acknowledgement of how great I think he is and how much I appreciate what he has done for me.

Wives of the world in what ways do you or can you honor your husbands with a public acknowledgement?  If ever you need to increase the emotional energy in your marital relationship, simply publicly acknowledge your husband in his presence, sharing how great you think he is and watch his back get a little straighter, his smile a little brighter and the increase in his emotional energy.  Is there something your husband needs to be publicly acknowledged for?  If so how can you honor him in this way today.

Blessings,

Rochelle

"A public pat on the back is like relational emotional energy on steroids." RAS

2 comments:

Conny said...

awww, that's SO wonderful - and congratulations on completing your program!!!!! :)

Rochelle said...

Thank you so much it feels awesome to be done. I just have to figure out what to do with my time.