Welcome to my Blog

I Will Honor My Husband blog site began as a wife's journey to love, honor and cherish her husband everyday for one full year in 2011. The experience was so awesome that I am continuing the journey. As the Lord guides me I will continue to post about how I am honoring my husband on at least a weekly basis. This blog is for me and other wives to learn how to be more intentional in demonstrating our love, honor and respect for our husbands in a way that matters to them most. Last year it was a challenge and a goal to make it a habit, this year I hope to realize the habit as a way of life. I welcome, encourage and invite you to - Join the Movement! and let the world know you honor your husband.

My prayer is that marriages and lives will be changed across the globe by the expression of "One Year of Love". Please send me a picture of you and your husband so the world will know you have joined the movement.

Rochelle

"The Lord, your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and all your soul." Deut. 13:3

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 271 Honoring My Husband's Advice

This is Friday's post, thanks for your patience.

Sometimes the best advice comes from home.
Hello everyone yesterday was my last day to study and prepare for Saturday's comp and by the time I  got to DC I was so tired I simply crashed to be well rested.  While I prepared for my journey to DC I really wanted to be in a quiet place where I could get some rest with no interruptions.  I had intended to stay with a friend but turns out she was traveling and I had to make alternative plans.  My intentions were to stay in a hotel for the night as I have done in the past. 

I contacted Bryan to let him know of my plans and I could hear him humming and hawing without directly saying what was on his mind so of course I asked him.  He then stated he did not think I should waste money on a hotel because I was probably going to want to do something else to celebrate the weekend and my accomplishment and he was correct.  I shared with him why I was going to get a hotel and he then proceeded to remind me of another family member that lives alone and would be able to provide accommodations meeting my requirements.  To make a long story short, he made the connection and so I stayed with his family member I am really glad I did.

Today I honored my husband by taking his advice.   Typically I am the one saying what he or I should or should not be doing when it comes to spending money, so it was nice to have him looking out for me in that respect.  I did appreciate not having to spend the extra money and used it on myself to celebrate after the exam was over.  I love it when God uses our mates to meet needs we don't even know we have until after the fact.

Wives of the world how can or do you honor your husband's advice?  Is there something he has been trying to get across but you have been ignoring him?  The Lord says "plans fail for the lack of counsel" and often times we have it right in our hands through our mates but we choose not to take it.  The next time your husband offers advice, remember the I in C.H.A.I.R.S.  which stands for Insight and his desire to provide counsel.  He does not have this desire for nothing it was given to him by the Lord.  How can you honor his advice today?  Please share your stories with us; we would love to hear from you. 

Blessings,

Rochelle

"Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have insight, I have power." Proverbs 8:14 

No comments: